CIC specializes in all types of rigging, machinery moving and installation, plant relocation, millwrighting, maintenance, heavy hauling, concrete pads/foundations and fabrication. Located at the crossroad of western Massachusetts, our reach is as far as our customers need us to travel whether it be local, national or international.
Here’s a quick video of our team offloading machinery weighing over 53,000 pounds. Watch Now
I have found the staff to be well-seasoned, reliable, and very efficient at solving difficult problems encountered in the field. I would have no hesitation in recommending CIC for industrial rigging work.Don SchulerSolar Turbines Incorporated, Parsippany, NJ
It was an absolute pleasure to work with the many members of their team, especially Liz Sauer, who always had the interest of the client and general contractor in mind. I certainly look forward to working with CIC on future projects, it was an exceptional experience.Mike St. AndreCEO, CEi Builders, Las Vegas, NV
You guys have moved dozens of machines for me, and I've NEVER … not once … had anything damaged. Not a bent or broken guard, pipe, crushed line or hose … nothing. That's impressive. Keep up the great work!Don HoynoskiMaintenance Manager, Vaupell Northeast, Agawam, MA
It is with zero hesitation that I am able to fully endorse and recommend Chicopee Industrial Contractors (CIC) as a competent contractor for your establishment. Based on my experience with CIC thus far, they will be my first option when more opportunities arise.Michael R. McGeeMaintenance Supervisor, Smithfield Foods, Springfield, MA
Sometimes it's not just about business it's about the people that you work with and that too is a huge credit to your staff and how they were taught to service their customers.George W. BoersigJen Coat/Prolamina
The crew is experienced and very professional. They take their responsibilities seriously. It was a pleasure to work with Bill Tyburski and the crew.Darin LeFaveProduction Manager, The Wall Street Journal, Chicopee, MA
I've had nothing but perfect experiences with CIC and look forward to many more!Joe DesantisEngineering Leader, Lenox, Newell Rubbermaid, East Longmeadow, MA
Meet Our Team
Carol F. Campbell
Carol holds a degree from UMASS/Amherst in Organizational Leadership, has a background in marketing, sales and human resource management, and is an experienced Project Manager. Carol and her team have developed a corporate culture in which all employees are stakeholders in the organization. In addition to her work at Chicopee Industrial Contractors, Carol is very active in the local and state business community. Carol was named "Woman of the Year 2014" by the Professional Women's Chamber of Western Massachusetts.
Bill has been a member of the CIC team since our inception in 1992. As a Team Leader, Bill is one of the most respected and talented Riggers in the New England area. Bringing over 30 years of hands-on technical experience, Bill currently serves as our General Manager and Chief Estimator. Bill believes in hard work, a strong work ethic and continuous training, which makes him a valuable asset to the CIC team.
Deb joined the CIC team in 1993 as a work-study student majoring in business and office management. Beyond her Operations duties, Deb has many roles at CIC, including benefits assistant and marketing assistant.
Anne joined our team in October of 2019 and brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to the management of our finance and accounting systems. Anne has been working in our industry for 20 plus years and brings a deep understanding of the regulatory and accounting practices to CIC.
Liz joined the CIC team in 2019 and was honored in 2021 with the 40 Under 40 award. She is a Project Manager and Estimator, bringing over 5 years of experience as a scenic design fabricator and Project Manager in the theme park industry in Orlando, FL. She is an experienced sculptor, welder, and certified Yoga instructor. She holds a MA Hoisting License and a Master's Degree of Fine Arts from the University of Florida and currently resides in Springfield, MA.
Ron has been a member of the CIC team since our inception in 1992. He is a Master Rigger, Millwright Specialist, Concrete Specialist, Heavy Equipment Operator and Team Leader. He brings over 25 years' experience in his fields. Ron is a member of the Safety Committee. He is a US Army Veteran.
Tom has been a member of the CIC team since 2001. He is a Master Rigger, Millwright Specialist, Heavy Equipment Operator and Team Leader. He holds a Class A-CDL Massachusetts Driver’s License. He brings over 20 years’ experience in his fields. Tom is a member of the Safety Committee.
Paul has been a member of our team for over 10 years. He brings over 20 years’ experience in the field as a Master Rigger and Driver. Paul served in the Navy.
Brad has been a member of the CIC team since 2013. He is a Journeyman Rigger, Heavy Equipment Operator and Team Leader. He holds a Class A-CDL Massachusetts Driver’s License. He brings over 14 years’ experience in his fields.
Harley joined our team in January of 2019 in our apprentice program.
Ed has been a member of the CIC team since 2011. He is a Rigger, Equipment Operator. He brings with him over 20 years of experience in his fields. He is a U.S. Army veteran.
Al joined our team in December of 2019 in our apprentice program.
Safety is a priority on every rigging project, dismantling or heavy lifting services, as well as quality control and adherence to all specifications and budgetary goals. This commitment is supported with an in-depth training program that includes classroom, hands-on and online training.
Your project is too important to leave to chance, at CIC we value our employees and customers’ safety by providing the best resources for a safe work environment. We continually achieve an outstanding level of success while protecting the interests of our valued customers.
People … our most important resource!
If you have experience in the field of rigging, millwrighting, heavy hauling, plant relocation or industrial construction, and want to work for a leading company that values its employees and provides excellent opportunities for growth, join our team of experts today. Apply at CIC.
In addition to an enjoyable and supportive teamwork environment, we put an emphasis on communication, employee involvement, safety and respect for each individual.
As a member of our team you will enjoy a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits package. Interested candidates should submit an application by fax 413-532-1553, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to 107 N. Chicopee Street, Chicopee, MA 01020.
Tri-Lifter mobile crane, forklift, and gantry – three lifting devices in one – is specifically designed to move heavy loads in confined spaces. It is perfect for moving heavy industrial machinery and equipment, and tilting and setting presses. Whatever the TriLifter picks up, it can carry.
- Crane boom extends horizontally and raises the load vertically requiring only minimum headroom for crane operator
- Big wheels spread the load more evenly on the floor
- 18 foot (5.5 meter) turning radius offers great maneuverability
- 75 ton crane capability at 36″ load center
- 100 ton gantry (lifting on top of the boom) capacity
- 50 ton forklift capacity at 24″ load center
- Load Management system keeps the boom level at all times
- Digital Display panel keeps the operator well informed of the load weight, boom, and counter-weight positions.
- Automatic Overload Shutoff System does not permit overloading condition
- Oscillating rear-end keeps all the wheels on the ground when the floor is uneven
- PosiDrive, when engaged, gives power to all the drive wheels for best traction
- Inching Clutch permits precise travel control
|Maximum Lifting Capacity||75 tons|
|Lift Height||9′ 10″ to 24’9″|
|Weight without counterweight||20 tons|
|Weight with counterweight||35 tons|
|Transmission||Hydrostatic drives mounted on front wheel|
|Boom Extensions||10 feet|
|Engine||Ford V-6 4.2 liter (dual fuel: gas and propane)|
|Length with Counterweight||20’9″|
|Maximum travel speed||320’/per minute|
Ideal for lifting loads in tight quarters, the Versa-Lift can handle loads of 25,000 pounds with the base retracted or up to 35,000 pounds with the base extended. The Versa-Lift can get into congested areas that other machines can’t reach.
- Engine 3 liter liquid propane
- Drive Axle, a pair of heavy duty off-road planetary type wheel ends w/direct input from the hydraulic motors
- Emergency brakes are built into the wheels and are spring applied and hydraulically released
- Steer Axle; I-beam type structure with a single two rod hydraulic cylinder the low pressure hydraulic steering system has priority over other hydraulic functions
- Frame Hydraulic telescoping type with heavy duty external plates on both sides of main frame
- Counterweight; fabricated type with three 2,000# removable slabs
- Electronic dashboard
- Mast 2-stage direct lift with a 2 stage hydraulic lift cylinder. 92″ of lift, 95″ lowered height and 20″ free lift (w/boom off) Mast tilts 10 degrees forward and 5 degrees backward
- Boom Attachment removable 3-section telescoping type. 1st stage hydraulically lifts 41″. Horizontal structure is adjustable to 60″ of each on 6″ increments. Swiveling lifting eye insert extends out another 36″ for extra reach
- Forks; 3″x8″x96″ shaft mounted forks with 60″ taper
- Boom stand; steel fabricated pallet for removing and storing the boom
- Onboard scale; measures hydraulic pressure in the Lift circuit
(Distance from fork face)
(Distance from boom face)
|Removable Counterweight||6,000 lbs|
|Total Gross||34,500 lbs|
40,000 / 60,000 lbs.
- Inboard Load Calculator provides capacities for forks and boom for all counterweight slab variations and chassis extension position
- Soft-touch hydraulic levers
- Tilt-steering column
- Spring-apply/hydraulic-release parking brake
- Hydraulic weight scale
- Quick-Change Fork System for quick connect/disconnect of attachments
- Main and side thrust rollers are impact-resistant and designed to reduce friction
- Safety valve built into base of lift cylinder securely holds load in event of hose failure
- Tilt-lock counterbalance valve to prevent mast drift
- Planetary drives rated for durability in high-capacity, high-torque applications
- Double reduction gearing for increased torque
- Precision ground, heat-treated gears
- Highly maneuverable in tight areas
|Attachments (load center) 36″||Counterweights Extension||with ext (lbs)||w/out ext (lbs)|
|forks only (distance from fork face)||0″||
|Boom only (distance from boom face)||0″||
In addition to our specialty equipment, CIC inventory of equipment range from a 1 ton to 75 ton, electric, propane and diesel powered, Bobcat, backhoe, scissorlift, material lifts, jacks, dollies, skates and our gantry system. We have what we need to complete your project, on time and on budget.
|Vehicle Number||Capacity||Attributes||Height with cage||Height without cage||Width||Length||Weight||Forks||Max Lift|
|#301||2 Ton||7½’||7′||3′ 10″||8′||8,700#||4′||15′ 8″|
|#302||4 Ton||Pneumatic tire||7′ 4″||7′ 1″||4′ 2½”||9′ 6″||12,000#||4′ 8″||14′ 5″|
|#304||6 Ton||High Mast||7′ 5″||6’10”||4′ 8″||9′ 3″||18,000#||4′ 8″||11′|
|#305||6 Ton||Low Mast||7′ 4″||6′||4′ 6″||9′ 3″||18,000#||4’8″||7′ 5″|
|#306||7.5 Ton||7′ 6″||7′||12′ 3″||20,000#||4′ & 6′||8′ 6″|
|#308||3 Ton||Electric, Low Mast||12′ 7″||12′ 7″||4′ 1″||6’10”||15,500#||4′||21′|
|#309||1 Ton||Electric||6′ 6″||5′ 11″||2′ 7½”||5′ 10″||4,000#||3′||8′ 4″|
|#310||3 Ton||High Mast||9′ 8″||9′ 8″||4′ 1″||7′ 10″||4′||21′|
|#311||15 Ton||10′ 3″||n/a||8′||16′||37,000#||8′||12′ 5″|
|#315||2.5 Ton||6′ 11½”||6′ 11½”||3′ 7″||11′ 1″||7,050#||4′||10′ 10″|
|#316||1.5 Ton||Electric||6′ ½”||6′ ½”||3′ 4″||10′ 2″||4,752#||3′ 6″||12′ 11½”|
|#320||9 Ton||7′ 3½”||7′ 1.25″||4′ 8″||16′||22,608#||12′|
|#322||4 Ton||Solid tire|
|#323||7 Ton||7′ 2″||7′ 2″||4′ 4″||16′||22,020#||6′|
|Freightliner||Peterbilt||Kenworth Rollback||Kenworth T800||Kenworth W900|
|Axle Spacing: 1st to 2nd||12’9″||15’6″||20″||12’5″||17’5″|
|Axle Spacing: 2nd to 3rd||4’4″||4’4″||4’6″||4’4″||4’4″|
|Axle Spacing: Last tractor to 1st||34″||34″||39′ 11 5/8″||29′ 9″|
|Axle Spacing: 1st to 2nd||4’4″||4′||4’4″||49″||60″|
|Axle Spacing: 2nd to 3rd||60″|
|Overall Deck Width||102″||102″||102″||102″|
|Upper Deck||9′ 10″|
|Loaded Deck Height||37½”||24″||37½”||37½”|
|Tires||235/75.5 16PR||255/70R 22.5 16PR||295/75R22.5||235/75R 17.5
double coin LRH